Things to do in June
It’s Time to Kick-off the Summer Season
June is right around the corner and you know what that means? Summer! Father’s Day! Good Weather! It’s time to get out, enjoy the warmth, spend time with family and friends, and have fun. Here are a few ideas to keep you going this June.
- The World Wide Antique and Vintage Show will be on June 8-10, 2018 at the Denver Mart in the EXPO Building – 451 East 58th Avenue Denver, CO. 80216. The entry is only $5 and will feature 85-100 antique and vintage dealers from around the U.S.
- If you’re a fan of Carol Burnett, you aren’t going to want to miss her show, “An Evening of Laughter and Reflection” at the Bellco Theatre on June 7. Ms. Burnett will take questions, show video clips, and laugh with while remembering her amazing television career.
- Don’t forget about dad on June 17! The Apex Foundation is holding their 14th Annual Father’s Day Care Show from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Apex Center, 13150 West 72nd Avenue, Arvada, CO. Spectator admission is free! So grab dad and go check out street rods, custom cars, and antique cars this Father’s Day.
- When dad gets hungry, take him to the Denver BBQ Fest. The festival starts on Friday, June 15, 5:00 p.m. – 9 p.m. and open at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday, June 16 & 17. You will find BBQ legends from across the country, grilling up all kinds of meat dishes including pulled pork, brisket, and turkey legs. Yum!
- The 46th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival will be on Saturday, June 23, and Sunday, June 24. The Japanese culture will surround you at this festival with taiko drumming, teriyaki chicken, sake, art, and so much more! Don’t forget to check out the marketplace with everything from Anime accessories to clothing and jewelry to toys.
Summer is just beginning and now you have a handful of ideas on how to kick-off the season. There are so many things to do in June in the Denver Metropolitan Area, we hope you get out there and have fun!